Home International SUDAN’S ARMY EXPRESSED WILLINGNESS TO EXTEND CEASEFIRE

SUDAN’S ARMY EXPRESSED WILLINGNESS TO EXTEND CEASEFIRE

432
0
In this photo provided by Saudi Ministry of Media, commandos from the Saudi Royal Naval Forces, line up in front of a ship carrying evacuees at Jeddah Port, Saudi Arabia, Monday, April 24, 2023, after being evacuated from Sudan to escape the conflict. (Saudi Ministry of Media via AP)

Sudan’s army has expressed willingness to extend the ceasefire has paramilitary force has battled on Khartoum’s outskirts undermining a truce in their eleven-day conflict.

The army said its leader, General Abdel Fattah al-Burhan, gave initial approval to a plan to extend the truce for another seventy-two hours and send an army envoy to the South Sudan capital, Juba, for talks.

According to reports, Sudanese armed forces and the paramilitary Rapid Support Forces, RSF, previously agreed to a three-day ceasefire that was due to expire later today.

There was no immediate response from the RSF to the proposal from the Intergovernmental Authority on Development, a regional bloc.

The military said the presidents of South Sudan, Kenya and Djibouti worked on a proposal that includes extending the truce and talks between the two forces.

Previous articleFEDERAL GOVERNMENT APPROVES OVER ONE MILLION DOLLAR FOR EVACUATION OF NIGERIANS IN SUDAN
Next articleUNITED STATES, SOUTH KOREA AGREE ON KEY NUCLEAR WEAPONS DEAL

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here