Home International CONGO TWO MAIN OPPOSITION CANDIDATES DROP PRESIDENTIAL BIDS, BACK NEW CANDIDATE.

CONGO TWO MAIN OPPOSITION CANDIDATES DROP PRESIDENTIAL BIDS, BACK NEW CANDIDATE.

235
0
Flag of Democratic Republic of the Congo. Vector illustration

Two opposition candidates for the Democratic Republic of Congo’s presidential election, coming up in December said on Monday, they would drop out and back another opposition candidate, Moise Katumbi, following a move made by another aspirant last week.

Seth Kikuni and Franck Diongo are the latest opposition candidates to throw their support behind the 58-year-old Katumbi, a millionaire businessman and former governor of the copper-rich Katanga region

Congo’s former prime minister Augustin Ponyo had also said on Sunday, that he would back Katumbi following the recommendations of leading opposition parties.

Previous articleUK PRIME MINISTER, SUNAK PROMISES TAX CUTS.
Next articleG20 Compact: President Bola Tinubu Woos Investors

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here